Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 13 Days...

  1. #1
    Dano
    Guest Dano's Avatar

    Lightbulb

    Gliding over the pavement
    In my haven
    Looking out the window at the nothing
    Black with grey mottling
    Gravel and grass illuminated before me
    The occassional fellow traveller
    Passing without saying hello
    Listening to an old man
    Sing about his lost love
    I feel it in my chest
    His longing
    Making it mine
    I woke up and rolled over to wrap my arms around you
    But you weren't there
    So I got up and dressed
    Igniting the engine and moving
    I've exited my city and entered the wilds
    Grass and trees
    The occassional sign
    But no you

    ------------------
    Raise Love
    Om Namaha Shivaya
    All Stories Are True

    Another shameless attempt to boost my post count.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dwim's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 1999
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dano,
    It shows great promise but it didn't really hit it on the spot for me. I say, put it somewhere and look it over later then work on it. Some of the best poetry in history did not come in the moment but over time of laying around. If that makes sense which it probably didn't. Just work on it after it been laying around awhile. I wrote this poem yesterday, something like "I love you/ because I got nothing better to do." I knew at the moment that it didn't hit it for me so... I'll work on that later. And oh yeah, I hide my bad poetry. Don't tell anybody. Shhh now ok?

    ------------------
    There's loneliness in the radios...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Chilimuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2000
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think this is good in a lot of respects. Although I usuall object to the word "mottling," I think you put it to good use. I think, if anything, I'd expand it - give it more flesh... maybe make yourself more a part of the old man's lament? change places with him? but I think you strike at something about distance - that feeling of knowing what someone feels like physically, and leaning over, and hitting air hollowly.... and that's it, you go about your day. you make that point really well smile.

    ------------------
    "carpe jugulum" - terry pratchett

    "but truth is just like time, it catches up and it just keeps going."
    -dar williams

    "I will always be me; I will always be new."
    -delmore schwartz

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner erisesoteric's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2000
    Posts
    3,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel the game descending on me.
    I feel that I am pushing you
    I'm pushing you
    To see if you fall back
    You don't fall back...
    You are still standing, and you smile at me.
    I tire of the game, and turn away to find
    That you are holding me
    And won't let go.
    You won't let go of me.

    I feel I should retract, retreat
    Instead, I hear myself repeat
    The promises.

    I hate looking
    With suspicion
    At each face
    Within this place
    To find the trace
    Distrusted
    But I've heard
    So many stories
    And I have my own
    That I don't want to tell you.
    But I tell you.
    I look up from burying the dead
    Just one more time
    To find you holding me.
    You won't let go.

    But I am quiet, still and waiting.
    I hold the part of me, anticipating
    Hide the piece of me...
    I wonder what you want of me.
    I want to give you all of me
    But that one last piece
    I can't surrender.
    The piece I can't
    Barter, trade, exchange.
    And so I give you
    All of me but that.
    You brush a hand across me
    Take the pain away and
    Tell me that the piece you
    Love of me the most is what
    I keep restrained, away from you.

    And how do I respond to that?

    You tell me that
    I'm beautiful and
    I wonder what
    You see that
    You would say that
    You say you love me
    And all that I
    Can say to answer that
    Is why?
    And so I don't reply,
    Except to promise you
    That I will let you hold me
    Till you want to let me go.

    You don't let go.
    You won't let go.

    I feel I should retract, retreat
    Instead, I hear myself repeat
    My promises to you because
    I don't know how to say
    I need you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •